Monday, November 7, 2011

I've MISSED you!!!!!

Yep, that's right. 

I said I missed YOU. 

Because I have. 

Things have been a bit rough around here lately, as Karissa has had some medical setbacks, HOWEVER.....things are looking up a bit, and I am READY for the holidays!!!! 

Okay, wait a second. 

Perhaps "ready for the holidays" was a strong statement.   

Because I suppose in order to be ready you have to have all of your shopping done, menus planned, party outfits purchased (who am I kidding?  I'll wear the same "go-to" holiday sweater I have worn for the past 10 years!) 



Stop laughing.....you know you've got one of those stuck down in the archives of your drawer somewhere, afraid to admit you have it, but when in dire need of something festive you drag it out hoping no one will remember that you wore it last year, and that no one at the party will be critical of the fact that holiday sweaters aren't what's in style anymore. 

Okay....so maybe it's just me that does that.  But I'm admitting it.  And I'm happy to report that I have actually upgraded to a more fashionable sweater for the holiday season.  A lot less 80's looking.

But I just can't let go of that holiday sweater for some reason.  Mable gave it to me.....so I guess I'm a little sentimental.  But I guess it shouldn't make me get all sappy......it's not like she put great thought into making a purchase for me....she hated sweaters and didn't want to wear it!!!!!  LOL  You just had to love her.  :-)

Now where was I?

Oh yes.  Ready for the holidays. 

Let me rephrase that by saying.....I am ready for the fun, smiles, laughter, cooler weather, good food, crafts and great picture ops that the holidays bring. 

And I'm hoping to blog more soon.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment