Thursday, December 2, 2010

If I weren't in such a good mood.....

over getting to go to our local high school's state championship game tonight, then running out of coffee creamer WHILE I was fixing my cup this morning would have probably put me in a very foul mood.  (Sorry...major run on sentence I know.  But I'm a substitute teacher...not a real one...so leave me alone.  Me and run on sentences go way back.)

But seriously.  Coldest morning of the season so far...you know...like maybe 32 degrees (YES that's cold when you live in the south), and I have a 4 hour road trip ahead of me, AND I even went to the trouble to have the coffee set up to brew on it's own this morning. 

All to get in here and get that feeling.... 

You know the one.  When you pick up your creamer container and it feels unusually light?  Like...it might have enough to change the color of your coffee, but not nearly enough.  And as if that wasn't bad enough....I get this bright idea to pour just a teensy tiny bit of milk into the creamer bottle to try to make it go farther. 

Ahem.  This would not be the time to realize you're out of milk too. 

No, I'm not kidding. 

I wish I was. 

And I also wish that I could tell you that when I spotted my daughter's partial cup of milk that she put in the fridge to save because she knew she was drinking the last of it........that I didn't use any of it regardless of her germs on the cup....but I would be lying. 



I know.  I have sunk to an all new low.  But this is CREAMER we're talking about here!  The one thing mama cannot do without in the morning.  Well....I mean....I guess I cannot do without coffee either, but the fact is, in a desperate situation I could borrow some coffee from a neighbor but when you're a creamer snob addict like myself, not just any creamer will do. 



And don't try to tell me I should get sugar free or fat free either....because there are some things a girl should not skimp on.  

Creamer is one of them.  

I am proud to say that my theft borrowing of oldest daughter's leftover milk was successful in helping me swish around the last of the creamer and though it wasn't quite as rich as it usual is in the morning....it sufficed. 

And I'm not in a "lack of my coffee" foul mood. 

I'm just sayin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment