Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Habitual Piler.....

Yes, I said Habitual Piler, not Liar. And while it's probably the lesser of the two evils, it lends itself to some pretty nasty findings at times. You know....the paper that you looked all over the house for, didn't find and had to ask for duplicate copies of. The bill that was suppose to have been paid yesterday:/ The shirt that you couldn't wait to wear, until you realized you would look like a used piece of aluminum foil it had so many wrinkles.

They say that admitting that you have a problem is the first step. So, here it is. I am a habitual piler. I have been in denial for many years, and just blamed all sorts of things for my problem. Pregnant....sick didn't feel well, newborn nursing child....tired and exhausted with higher priorities, toddler.....too tired from chasing them around all day. The list goes one and on.

And it's sort of always been one of those things that I thought I could finally conquer. But the truth is....I haven't. Not even close. Nope....all I've done is minimized my piling space. I used to have a very long snack bar that seemed to be the dropping off point for everything...and now it's the corner of my kitchen....but the pile gets higher. And then there's always the bedroom piles. Oh yes.....you didn't really think that this problem of mine was limited to the kitchen did you? No way. You can do a clean sweep of my room at pretty much any time, and you will see a pile of books, clean laundry waiting to be put away as well as towels in the bathroom that would love to be in the cabinet rather than sitting there in a PILE, paperwork on the computer table, clothes on the chair in the closet.....I am a piler.

And I just don't know what to do about it. It's sort of the mentality that leads to overspending with some people, or overeating. It's the whole, "I'll worry about it later" mode. But later doesn't get here as quickly as it should. Because just one day of letting the piles go, allows them to get out of hand.

The sad part, is that then I feel like I can't "do" anything else. I'm a slave to the piles. I get a day off, and I spend my whole day de-piling. What fun is that? And then I think, "Ta-Daaaaa!" The piles are gone! I have overcome!!!! But it only lasts until the kids get home from school and I have a pesky folder full of papers to look at and not be sure what I should keep or throw away for fear that I will throw away something important, so just to be safe I save it, and thus begins a new....you guessed it.....a PILE.

I wonder if there's such a group as "Pilers Anonymous"....and if there were, would anybody own up to being a "piler" like me. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment