Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Are You Kidding Me???

Okay, so here it is. I'm all mentally prepared to walk this morning (because they say the first step in exercise is thinking about it....and I'm a rule follower. Just ask my friends.;-) ) ANYWAY. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I'm excited about this....because no, I do NOT love exercise. I just don't. And it shows.....

So I'm all mentally prepared, and I even have the proper attire on. I dig through the trenches of my purse for a few minutes (which can be a very scary place at times!), and find my brand new ipod that my sweet husband bought me for Christmas (because my other one died after it got what looked like strawberry yogurt inside of it...isn't that lovely?)

The ipod is dead. Not even a smidgen of battery life. Zilch. Nada.

So I charge it up....no big deal. I'm planning on doing this when I get home from dropping off the boys at school anyway, so that should give it a little time.

Back home, ipod charged, and I decide there's a song I just have to have which will surely make this walk more endurable. (Did I mention that I don't love exercise?) Song...downloaded. Earphones....no where to be found. And I ask myself. Should it really be this much trouble to go for a walk???

You're not going to believe this when I tell you this, I'm sure, because crap like this only happens to me, I think. But I be-bop down the driveway, earphones finally found are in, sun is shining, birds are singing, and I begin looking for THE song. You know the one I downloaded just seconds earlier that would be perfect for walking? Yea that one. IT'S NOT ON THERE. Guess who didn't SYNC her ipod????????????

Now, some of you may think I'm crazy, which is fine, because I probably am. But I turned around, even though I was two driveways up the street and came home and synced my ipod.

And then I thought, oh that's charming. Any of my neighbors who may have been looking out the window just saw me walk past two driveways and turn around and go back home, must have been wondering what in the HECK I was doing. And frankly....I was wondering the same thing.

All of that just to get a little sweaty when I could have been curled up here on the couch reading blogs or keeping up with my friends on facebook. It better be worth it next week when I weigh in. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment