Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sigh.....

Have you ever just had one of "those days"? You know....the kind that you can't wait until they're over and you sort of wish that you could forget? Yea. Me too. Like today.

Being upset at your kids for something is one thing. But being upset for your kids, is something entirely different. C'mon....all you mama bears out there know what I'm talkin' about. Don't you?

I mean, if you're a mom, then you've had it happen. The coach that doesn't see the same thing you see in your child....the bully on the school bus who thinks it's ok to call your child a Jack*** because his name is Jack, (true story...really happened) or the teacher that implies that you are incompetent as a parent, yet you've managed to raise two daughters to be responsible teenagers, (which is more than SHE can say), so you're confident that you aren't doing such a shabby job on the younger ones.

And you know....I always talk big or "think" big.....but I can never seem to execute that "big"ness when it comes right down to it. Oh I sound all rough and tough in the shower (because we have already established that that is where I ponder things, and now you know that I practice my speeches there as well), but the truth be known, I usually wind up not being as tough as I wanted to be.

And then, to add insult to injury, (not that anyone cares or really even wants to know).....but I stayed the same. The SAME. And for those of you who don't know
Weight Watchers jargon.....that means....I didn't lose anything this week.

Wait.

No, that's NOT what that means. It means I didn't lose any weight this week. I have lost plenty of other things...you know, like my temper, my debit card, my keys, my train of thought....what IS it with me anyway? I lose those things all the time!!!

So yea. I thought that since I had such a difficult time just trying to get some exercise this week, that surely I would have lost a 1/2 a pound or SOMETHING. Nope. Not this time. But I'm not losing hope. I have done this before and I will do it again.

Tomorrow needs to be a better day, and next week needs to reflect my hard work as a WW. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment