Friday, January 29, 2010

You Might Be a Redneck......

So I come home from the second half of my grocery shopping for the day...(because after all, it was payday, so that means I'm rich for about....oh, I don't know....a couple of hours)...and frankly, this should be a post all in itself.

I mean, isn't spending multiple hours first at Wal-Mart, and then at Sam's how EVERYONE wants to spend their only day off? And since I'm already off topic from my opening line...I'll just go ahead and park here for just a minute. You see, I've gotten smarter. Why in the world should I rush to the store early in the morning, when I could time it just right to be home when all of the "scavengers that will raid the cabinets anyway", get home to help carry it all in!!!! See there???? I TOLD you I was getting smarter. Because let's face it. It's an act of congress to shop for two weeks for a family of six. Careful planning, budgeting, and VERY strategic turning of an overloaded buggy (sorry...that's grocery cart for those of you not from the south....they're buggies down here....and it took me a while to learn that too....so don't feel bad that you didn't know what that was.)

Anyway, I think you get the point that grocery shopping for two weeks is a big job. So suffice it to say that number one....I was not looking forward to the second half of my shopping which was at Sam's trying to beat their closing time of 8:30pm, and number two.....I was NOT prepared for what I would come home to.

So I come home from the second half of my grocery shopping for the day, only to hear squeals of delight and horror as my 10 year old comes rushing to the door with blood dripping out of his mouth, and my husband standing in the doorway laughing hysterically, and begging me to come look at the video he has just taken on the camera.

And that's where it gets ugly...or redneck, whichever you prefer to call it. Frankly, I think it would make Jeff Foxworthy right proud.

My sweet husband, (who has apparently seen way too many crazy videos on youtube, decides that instead of helping my son pull his loose tooth the conventional way (what a novel idea that would have been), that instead he's going to pull a stunt that he could only pull because I was not here!!!!!

And bless his heart, because he had so much fun doing it, but didn't realize that the camera was turned sideways, so now the video is sideways, and you will be forced to either turn your HEAD sideways to watch it or flip your whole laptop sideways! Either way, if you're a guy, you'll enjoy it....if you're a mom, you will be mortified, as I was.


Now for those of you wondering, yes, that was a cast iron skillet that you saw in the video. And yes, it was tied to his tooth. And no. I would not have approved if I would have been here.

And to make matters worse, we have beige colored berber carpet, which makes finding a tooth a wee bit difficult. Especially when you reach under the couch to see if you can "feel" for the tooth, and your hand runs across something tiny and hard, and you think you have it but instead realize that it is in fact a petrified crumb of....a Chihuahua's accident earlier in the week. (OMG can you believe I just typed that????? But I promised to be real.....and that is what REALLY happened!!)


And yes. We found the tooth, but not before finding a few more lost treasures under the couch, because that is how my living room really looks most of the time.

I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Leah....that is priceless.....takes a true southerner to pull a tooth using a cast iron skillet.....Mamaw would be proud!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete