Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Ugly....

Okay, so remember when I said this was about the good, the bad and the ugly? Well, here's the ugly....or at least the ugly for today.

So my daughter comes out of the bathroom and informs me and her daddy that "the bathroom sink won't drain." Nice. Just what I wanted to hear, only seconds after helping my other daughter clean up the kitchen from dinner.

And you know those times in your adult life when you have a whole new appreciation for your own parents and the myriad of things that they did for you as a child that you didn't appreciate at the time? (Wow...that was probably a run on sentence...oh well...I'm talking about ugly here and I'm on a roll.)

Well I just had one of those moments. And frankly, it was more than a moment. It ended up being more like an hour or more of hard core unlicensed plumbing by my husband and yours truly. And just for the record? I could have lived my whole life without knowing what was down inside of the drain in our bathroom sinks.

I mean, if Mike Rowe wants to come here and tape a session of "Dirty Jobs" and give me a cut of the money, that's fine. But just for the sake of Sunday night entertainment at our house? Nah....I'll pass.

I will spare you the absolutely repulsive details.... but for those of you who have never been brave enough to do your own roto-rootering but instead were willing to pay the $100 per hour or more that I'm sure a plumber would have charged us to clear out not ONE, but TWO sinks, let me tell you......you have no idea! GROSS. I'm forever changed.


I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment