Friday, January 21, 2011

I'll admit it.....

I'm grouchy when I'm sick. 

And I really don't get sick that often....but when I do?  Why does it have to be the FLU?

I just knew it, too.  I started aching in my neck and shoulders, and something just told me that's what it was.  (I mean...not that it's flu season or anything...) But I never ran a fever....so it's easy to see how my husband was convinced it was something else....only for the doctor to come in after that horrific flu test and say, "Well....you're my first official case of the flu without a fever." 

Nice.  I feel so special.

And what was that?  Oh...you said I'm suppose to isolate myself for a week?  What????  Apparently he has forgotten that I have four children, a husband and not an oversized house. 

Sigh.

Yea...there's nothing like that feeling you get when your husband goes to the pharmacy to pick up the Tamiflu for the rest of the family to take to hopefully prevent getting it....and it's a meager $400.  Nah....nothin' like it.  It just really sets the mood.

And for the love of God, could someone please tell me why it is on these days....when I finally have all four children out the door and at school, I'm in my beloved pajamas, and I'm about to finally get to behave like sick people behave (you know...curled up on the couch watching a movie), does my daughter call me from school to inform me that she has yet AGAIN forgotten to take her much needed medicine. 

Are. You. Kidding. Me?????

Today?  Really??  Isn't this why I made your brothers ride the school bus this morning??  So I wouldn't have to get out while feeling like crap???

And you know what this means.....this could mean that the high school where I sub. could get a very scary view of me.  I mean...I don't know about you....but sick-with-the-flu-in-pajamas is not a pretty sight at my house. 

All I've got to say is...to my dear mother who I thought NEVER got sick my entire life....now I get it.  You got sick....you just didn't get to BE sick.  You had to keep pressing on....doing the things that moms do....in spite of how you felt.  Bless your heart.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment