Saturday, January 1, 2011

How could I have forgotten???

You know....I knew when I posted my list of things I needed to be better about yesterday that I was forgetting some crucial things. 

And I was right. 

I did.

I was in the shower (and we established a long time ago...that's where I do my best thinking)....and thought about several more things I need to be better about in 2011.  

But the one that I thought you could appreciate the most was my purse.  Yes....I said my purse.  (So at this point, if you are a male reading this....you won't relate....and if you do....then that concerns me. ;-) I'm just sayin'.)

Back to my purse.    

Looks innocent enough, right??

But it is SO not!

You see....my purse tends to be a "catch all"....and when I say "catch all"....I mean it in the most literal sense of the words. 

Perhaps you need a visual. 


See....I was afraid of this.  A snapshot looking into my purse does not do this dysfunctional-issue-that-I-have  justice. 

So to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about here....I will remove all contents from my purse....and re-organize. 

This is where my last blog post comes in......
  • I need to be better about keeping my purse cleaned out and organized instead of being a "catch all". 
Hopefully this will make you feel better about yourself if you struggle with the same type of purse dysfunction.




Yikes....I can't believe I just let you see this.  

Yep.  It was all in there.  Every last bit of it.  And right now I'm embarrassed....but if truth be known....someone reading this right now is relating.  I just know it.  And if you don't...please don't tell me....just let me go on thinking that I am not alone in this. 

You see....I think that what a girl has in her purse says a lot about her. 

Remember the whole "need to be better about planning meals and saving money"?  One of my bagillion menu/grocery lists that inadvertently got shoved in the purse. 


What's wrong?  Doesn't everyone have random plastic spoons floating around in their purse?

And you gotta' have a picture of your man in there....on the outside of the checkbook cover so everyone can be jealous when you break the checkbook out to write one! ;-)

Unless of course they aren't into hunting....and dead deer with their tongues hanging out.

And, why yes...that was deodorant you saw in the upper left hand corner of that picture.....doesn't everybody have OCD when it comes to not being sure if they put deodorant on??  For real?  Doesn't everyone panic if they think they forgot to put it on??

And I find it interesting to re-read the notes I took during church.  "How do we overcome fear?" 


And even more interesting to run across a sticky note with Bible verses I wrote for Karissa when she was going through some of the hardest times over the past year.....yet they wind up in my purse.  Notice any similarities in the content???

Hmmm......


And there's always random library cards floating around in there.  No wonder I could never find them....they were at the bottom of this abyss!!!
Along with an oversized bandage in case of a minor injury.  I'm a mother of four....two of them boys.  Need I say more??

And I'm thinkin' it's time to throw this coupon away?? 



And we can't overlook the sticky note list of The Pioneer Woman's husband's favorite recipes so that I can fix them for my man....along with a random recipe for canning jalapeno's.

And it might just be me....but I'm thinking it's time to "cash in" on the local grocery store's deal and redeem my cards that will get me a free washcloth that I have to pay tax on. 


Sorry...I guess that was ugly, but considering that each of those stamps represent $5 that I spent at an overpriced store because I didn't plan well enough ahead.....I just sort of feel like I shouldn't have to pay tax on a single washcloth that really cost me $50 in overpriced groceries.  I'm just sayin'. 

And from the looks of this stack of receipts....we should have a ton of groceries or Christmas presents....one or the other.


Can't forget the broken watch or "not purse sized" calculator.

And I know you're not going to believe this.....but after all of that....I only found 12 cents at the bottom of this purse. 

Pitiful.


And I know it's not perfect, but it definitely looks better than it did when I started.  

So. 

Now that I have been totally raw and unashamed about the unkempt state of my purse....how about you?  What does your purse say about you?

I think mine says I'm desperately trying to overcome the fear of spending too much money at the store??? 

Looks like I have my work cut out for me this year.  Lots of things to "do better" on. 

I'm just sayin'. 

2 comments:

  1. Girl, That TOTALLY looks like my purse! And why is it that the bigger the purse, the more stuff I cram into it? And usually kids stuff! Not even my own stuff. And by the way, I'm totally tattle-tailing on Audra, but her purse looks that way too. I know this b/c she poured it out on my classroom table the other day and began weeding her way through it. LOL! Glad I'm not the only one... Catina

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. a lot of your contents are the same as mine. today however I can add airline boarding passes, pretzels, peanuts, and cookies from the trip 2 weeks ago. NYC subway cards - those'll come in handy around here....and of course I have 6, being the family sherpa. You've inspired me...today is the day to clean out the purse :o)

    ReplyDelete