Sunday, January 23, 2011

You gotta' make the best of things.....

when you're stranded in the house, sick. 

And frankly....I don't know about you....but a good dose of Matthew McConaughey makes anybody feel better. 

Stop laughing....and for heaven's sake don't judge me. 

It's just that....I never get to curl up on the couch and watch movies.  Ever. 

And since I'm suppose to be isolating myself from the rest of the world....what better thing to do, then to curl up with my favorite blanket and watch movies-that-have-been-out-forever-but-since-I-never-see-them-they're-new-to-me ?

Oh!  And you wanna' know something else?  They didn't cost me a dime.  Nope...not even a penny.  See...if you wait long enough....not only do they come out on DVD for rental, but the local library gets a copy, and you can borrow it from them for a couple of weeks for free...(unless of course you're like me and you end up owning the movies because of the late fees you have to pay because you forget the due date....but I'm sure that I'm the only one who has ever done that.)

Hey....that should have been one of the things on my list of things I would be better at this year. 

Moving on.....

So I've taken full advantage of "needing lots of rest"....and am ready to give you my review of the movies you have probably already seen. 

Julie & Julia.  If you like cooking...or blogs...or both...this is a must see.  Actually...I saw this LAST January when the men in my house were off on a hunting trip...but thankfully I wasn't sick...I just decided to watch it.  In fact....I blogged about it, but never published it....and in looking back over the draft...I think I'm going to.  Julie & Julia deserves a post all to itself.  And that way...this post can be all about Matthew other movies.

Failure to Launch (2006) - You wanna' know what's sad??  I saw the movie, and had forgotten I'd seen the movie!!!!  Pitiful...and I'm only forty.  Good grief!  At any rate....I had some good laughs, and thought it was a cute movie.  Love Kathy Bates too....

The Holiday (2006) - Not a Matthew movie, but there are exceptions to the rule.  I absolutely loved the adorable cottage in England and thought this was a really cute movie as well.  However...(and I don't mean to sound all motherly here, but I am the mother of teenagers here, and the sex in these movies is just....well...too much, frankly....but other than that...adorable movie)

The Wedding Planner (2001) - GEEZ where have I been??? That movie can't really be ten years old and I'm just now seeing it??  Ahem.  You need to feel sorry for me....really sorry for me.  That movie was adorable.  So much so....that I saw it a second time last night with my girls. 

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003) - eh...I don't know.  It wasn't my favorite, but when one is sick on the couch....one doesn't get too picky.  Definitely not one of my favorites...some funny parts, but it won't stand out as a highlight of my weekend-with-the-flu.

A Time to Kill (1996) - No, silly....it's not the first time I've seen the movie.  Give me a break, would ya'?  I've seen it a couple of times, actually....and it just stands out as one of my favorite Matthew performances, and I felt the need to watch it again. 

So there you have it. 

When you're sick and have no other choice but to get lots of rest, drink lots of fluids and isolate yourself from the world, my prescription is to curl up on the couch and watch Matthew movies that make you smile. 

And just for the record....I'm madly in love with my husband....and just think that Matthew is an outstanding actor.  He feels the same way about Sandra Bullock.  And I get that.   

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment